top of page

Gruppe

Öffentlich·12 Mitglieder

Donate A Car In Nyc ((BETTER))

In a city where public transportation is so readily available, why hold onto a vehicle that hardly gets used? Instead, donate it to a great cause and also contribute to the green movement at the same time.

donate a car in nyc

Stop dealing with the hassle of parking and driving in NYC. Choose one of the better alternatives, protect the environment by reducing emissions, and donate your unwanted vehicle to Wheels For Wishes! Your vehicle will change the life of a child dealing with critical illness.

Avoid the busy New York City traffic and rely on subways, buses, biking, walking, carpooling, or even taking a taxi. There is no shortage of public transportation In New York City, so donate your unwanted car today and receive plenty of great benefits for your vehicle donation!

Do you have an unwanted vehicle? As an alternative to the hassle of selling your vehicle, trading it in, or having it take up space in your garage or driveway, donate it to a great cause and let Vehicles For Veterans take care of everything for you. Vehicles For Veterans is a car donation program benefiting disabled veterans and other veteran programs. We offer an attractive, convenient alternative to selling or trading in your unwanted vehicle.

When you donate a car to Vehicles For Veterans, you will help to empower veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. The proceeds from car donations to Vehicles For Veterans help to fund crucial needs for veterans and their families.

The following is a list of the best organizations to donate a car in NY. We focused on providing a list of charities that no only accept vehicle donations, but also support programs that benefit NY and NYC.

To contribute to humanitarian causes, through an organization that already has a very recognizable name and reputation in the industry, one may donate cars in NY through Goodwill. They offer towing at no cost and accept vehicles in any condition.

If your vehicle is donated to, and used by, a struggling family, such as with Charity Cars, you can claim a tax deduction of the full fair market value of the vehicle, according to rules by the IRS. A lot less can be claimed if your car is sold by the non-profit. Use resources such as the website of Kelly Blue Books to know the fair market value of the car you are donating in NY.

In the rare event that you receive any notification of a lien sale, DMV actions or other activity related to your donated vehicle, please contact us at 1-855-200-4483 (GIVE) immediately for assistance.

For vehicles that sell for more than $500, donors are no longer responsible for determining the deductible value of their donation. Instead, they will receive IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes if the proceeds from the sale exceed $500, stating the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicle. The amount listed on IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be the gross proceeds of the deductible donation.

3. Make sure that you are actually giving your car to a charity. Some car donation programs are conducted by for-profit towing companies or used car dealers who claim to pick up cars on behalf of a charity when there is little or no charitable benefit. Do not donate your car if you cannot confirm that your contribution will go to a charity.

4. If you respond to a billboard sign or advertisement, or receive a telephone call asking you to donate a car to a charity, you may be speaking with a paid professional fundraiser and not the charity. Many professional fundraisers receive most of the money they raise. Ask how much the fundraiser is being paid and how much is going to charity. Contact the Charities Bureau at charities.fundraising@ag.ny.gov to find out if the fundraiser is registered with the Charities Bureau - professional fundraisers are required to be registered and to file financial reports with the Attorney General's Charities Bureau.

1. Don't be pressured by emotional ads or pressure to donate - take your time in identifying a charity that will make good use of your contribution. Any worthy charity will be happy to give you sufficient time to make your decision.

Make sure to transfer the title of your donated car. Some organizations soliciting cars will ask you to leave blank the assignment of ownership line on the car's title papers to make the process simpler for them. However, if the title of your car is not transferred, you may find yourself liable for parking tickets, or worse, responsibility if the car is in an accident. Keep a copy of the transfer papers for your records.

If you do not have a copy of the title papers, contact the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) - - to find out how to get a replacement. Remember to remove your license plates and surrender them to the DMV or transfer them to another car. Do not leave them on the donated car. Consult the DMV at for information concerning removal, transfer and surrender of plates.

How do I select a charity to donate my car? Many charities solicit donations of cars. Before donating your car, make sure that the charity is a 501(c)(3) organization and is properly registered with the Attorney General's Charities Bureau. You should also find out what it will do with the car or the money it receives by selling it. Contact the charity to find out how it spends its money. Review the charity's financial reports to see how much of its money is used for charitable programs and how much is used for administrative costs. Financial reports of charities are available on the Attorney General's web site at www.charitiesnys.com

Can I get a tax-deduction if I donate my car? The IRS permits tax deductions for contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations. For information concerning the rules on tax deductions consult the IRS pamphlets "A donor's Guide to Car Donations" posted at -tege/pub4303.pdf and "Determining the Value of Donated Property" posted at

What should I do with my license plates when I donate my car? You should remove your license plates when donating your car. If they remain on the car, you may be responsible for parking tickets and other violations of law. Consult the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at for information concerning removal, transfer and surrender of plates.

What should I do if a towing company asks me to donate my car? Many charities have arrangements with for-profit towing companies that advertise that donated cars will benefit a charity. Often, the towing company pays the charity a fixed amount, sometimes very little, to the charity, regardless of the value of the car. Before donating your car to such companies, find out how much the charity will get from your donation. Better yet, find a charity that will accept your donation directly.

The Salvation Army accepts vehicle donations in certain locations. The organization sells donated vehicles to fund various programs, including disaster relief, homeless shelters, food pantries, veterans services, job training and more.

Just do your research on the charity you intend to donate your car to and get your paperwork in order if you plan to claim a tax deduction. Then, donating your car will be a win-win for you and the charity.

The end of the holiday season always has me looking for places to donate clothes, toys, and other goods in NYC. With two adults and three kids in my family's typically small NYC apartment, the holiday season stresses me out. Not because of all the things I need to do, but because of all the extra "stuff" that I know is about to flood our home. That's why this is my favorite time of year to donate my kids' gently (or sometimes never!) used clothes, toys, books, and other items so we can free up some space, support worthy charities, and get the whole family in a giving mindset.

While you may have donated to Toys for Tots before the holidays, local charities can use your support all year round. We've gathered details on several organizations where you can donate clothes in NYC. Be sure to contact the charities directly to confirm what they accept and how best to drop off.

While this local charity isn't a spot to donate clothes, it does have a pair of Amazon wishlists that help keep its soup kitchen and on-site shelter running. There are a variety of other ways to give back, including food donations and family-friendly volunteer opportunities.

We accept almost all vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, farm equipment and construction equipment. If you want to donate your car or truck, please go to our donation wizard. If you want to donate any other type of vehicle, please call us at 1-877-277-4344.

Habitat receives funds for each donated vehicle, although a car sold at auction generally generates more revenue than one that is recycled. Every donation makes a difference and the families that partner with us are extremely grateful for your help.

When you donate goods to The Salvation Army, those items are then sold at ourThrift Stores. And the proceeds are used to fund our Adult Rehabilitation Centers,where those struggling with drugs and alcohol find help, hope, and a second chance at life.

Schedule a Free Donation Pickup Find a Donation Drop-Off Location Donate Your Vehicle 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) When you donate goods to The Salvation Army, those items are then sold at our thrift stores and the proceeds are used to fund our Adult Rehabilitation Centers, where those struggling with drugs and alcohol find help, hope, and a second chance at life. Commonly Donated Items

Due to differing regulations and other considerations, not all types of vehicles are accepted at all locations, so it's best to contact us first. For more detailed information on how to donate your vehicle, give us a call at 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) or start a vehicle donation. Your vehicle donation will be used to help rehabilitate men and women in our Adult Rehabilitation Centers and will result in a tax deduction in accordance with IRS rules. 041b061a72

Info

Willkommen in der Gruppe! Hier können Sie sich mit anderen M...
Gruppenseite: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page